Reflection on Social Media Case 11: OK Go Gravity Song


There seems to have been a very large miscommunication in this case study. Who was responsible from S7 Airlines for posting the video? Why would they post the music video before the band who’s video it is? It is also interesting that they used different platforms to post the music video. It was good that the video got taken down from YouTube pretty shortly after. I can understand why OK Go would be very upset by this incident. If a big artist today were to make a music video and have a lot of anticipation behind it and then someone else posted it before them, it would be a big deal for that artist.

This is an interesting article about music being leaked and what that means for the artist. In this article it talked about how music leaks are becoming more common with social media. This can sometimes mean that an artist has to release an album earlier than they were wanting to to try and combat the leak. It also talked about “hackers” leaking music and even mentioned a twitter fight that Drake staged with his label criticizing them for taking down the same music that he was putting up.

This article talks more about the comparison between Facebook Watch and YouTube. I didn’t realize that Facebook Watch was more than just the videos that pop up on your screen until recently. A couple weeks before the super bowl Facebook came out with a series called Tom vs. Time, this was the first time I had used Facebook watch. I liked the format of it and it reached me because I’m on Facebook. Although I have a YouTube account I go on there searching for something. It’s not often that I’m scrolling through YouTube looking for different videos to watch like I am on Facebook. Right now everyone “influencer” I follow on social media posts their videos to YouTube it will be interesting to see if that ever switches over to Facebook watch.

Comments

  1. I did not know Facebook Watch was a thing either. With all the policies changes happening I wonder if influencers will start switching to it. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard of Facebook watch before but never knew how to use it or where it was located. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection on Social Media Case 8: Pastor's 10% to God

New Technology Assignment

Reflection on Social Media Case 5: Paypal Deleted Comments